Thursday, November 15, 2007

Highway Patrol Memorials

Ok have to talk about this. There are memorials on the side of the road here for highway Patrolmen that have fallen in the line of duty. Normally this is a cross, although I have seen a Star of David on one. I have always thought these are according to the troopers’ religion. I feel this is right. The memorial should be to honor them and their family.
Well there is a group call Atheist of America that is suing the Highway Patrol to remove the cross from the memorials. They claim that the highway Patrol is promotion Christianity with the crosses.
This makes me so mad, and I feel this is a load of crap.
If seeing a cross is going to convert you to Christianity you are not strong in your belief anyway, and if a cross can convert someone then pulling the cross will convert someone to atheism. So why is it ok for you to force your religion on me (Yes I feel that atheism is religion, it is a way of belief. I will talk about this later)?
I am sick of people that look for things to be offend about, but really get put out if you get offend by them. Grow a backbone.
I feel that the memorials are for the families of the fallen Patrolman, their families and the other Officers. The rest can go to hell if they are offended.
Just my two cents.

No comments: