Saturday, August 30, 2008

McCain picks a winner

Well I guess I have to say this. I love that McCain choose Sarah Palin. Yes she is unknown and that may or may pay off, at least there aren’t going to be any ads of Rommey bashing McCain.
But this was a great play by McCain. This is a fresh face and fighter from what I got from the speech she gave.
Now I have already heard from people that McCain choose her because he got scared after Obama’s speech, but the way McCain was able to keep this under wraps and not have made up his mind.
He hit this one out of the park.
I was listing to nightside, the night time talk show here, and Ethen was really trying to down play the impact that Palin will play on the race. Acknowledging that Obama can’t play the inexperience card against her, without pointing out his own,( Really that should be thought about more), but of course he was quick to point out that McCain couldn’t use the inexperience either because of her. I would like to point out that she is not running for the top slot, where the experience is really needed. In other words there can be some on the job training(even if it’s just a little) for the VP.
Anyway, it was funny to me that the wind was just taking out of Ethans sails, because he seamed so ready to just talk about Obama’s speech so he could swoon some more, but because of the Palin pick that was the big news. While I have to admit I couldn’t hear the whole show, but what I heard was all about Palin, even the after party.
This had to rub him raw, because normally he uses as much time as he can defending anything Obama and swooning. Of course it just because Obama is black, and this is not racist of course because it smooths white guilt, but will he now say that he won’t vote for McCain/Palin because he is sexist? Just asking.

No comments: