Monday, April 20, 2009

Bounty on critters

I have to say I am sick of hearing after a robbery or something of that sort, where the victim declined to be one and fought back the police coming out and saying we are in favor of compliance to the robber. Like the one today the SLPD came out and stated we are in favor of compliance because you don’t know the motivation of the robber. You don’t know what they have on board, or what drug may be fueling it.
Ok the robber motivation is that he need or wants money and doesn’t want to work for it and knows that the rick factor in a robbery is low.
My question is why shouldn’t the robber be asking what is this victim, carrying and what will be do to me to stop me? This attitude by the police that the victim should be complaint just embolden the robbers, by verifying that eh risks are low for them.
I would love for the police come out and praise the clerk for defending themselves and stopping the crook. Publicly stating the that no charges will be filled against the clerk and really anyone the fight a robber or critter( borrowed term from the lawdog). This will raise the risk level for the critter and will possibly lower the frequency of the crime.
I keep hearing that there is nothing at work the is worth dying for, so I shouldn’t fight back. Well shouldn’t the critter be thinking this? Shouldn’t it be a larger danger for the critter to attack a law abiding citizen?
I’m for a bounty on any critter with a proven rap sheet and attempt of crime? I know I know this will lead to vigilantly, that is why the penalty for shooting someone not in the act of committing a crime will be treated like the critter shot. So is would be a fine line, but that would put the critters on notice.
Since the law only wants you to go along to be safe, well I don’t feel safe in a world were the critters are emboldened.

No comments: